Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 2011


Since moving to Missouri (the Zoo), we have met a lot of people. July 3rd. We had a block party with the people from the neighborhood. This was an interesting day. Chiane told me about the event but I am not the social butterfly (at first). I have to feel people out. Chiane insisted by getting one of the neighbors, Laura, to write me a letter detailing the event. So I obliged by stating that we will contribute baked beans and juice. The block party went well despite the "military bombs" created by the adult "children". My nice neighbors bought dry ice from the local supermarket and made their rendition of fireworks. They took pieces of dry ice and placed them in a water bottle. They then poured water into the bottle and placed the top back onto the bottle. As the scurried away, the nice bottle blows up and also placed a hole in the area. This was done throughout the night. The night before, Earl, one of the neighbors was excited to explain that every year, they make a rocket bottle peg board. He takes a 4X4 plank board with holes in it and fill the holes with bottle rockets. This dude lit the board with two matches and the bottle rockets flew EVERYWHERE! Other than these and other insane firework tactics, my neighbors are cool.
My girls LOVE the Delgados. Their family consists of three handsome boys and their parents, Laura and Greg. They moved about a month ago from Nevada. Greg work s the third shift like Nesbitt and Laura is looking for a teaching job at the moment. Their oldest is 7 and the youngest is 4. They are pretty cool to hang with but I don't know how she has the patience to be the hangout house (hats off to Laura). As the week goes on, I will try to blog often. My laptop died so I have to use Nesbitt's.

1 comment:

  1. Moving is hard honey!! Get out and join a graduate chapter.. mommy groups.. I promise it get better!

    ReplyDelete