Sunday, May 22, 2011
New Adventures in a new city
I left my friends and birth family in my birth city of Memphis, Tennessee. My goal in life was to leave earlier before my college years. I am not saying anything about my mom's but close mindedness kept me in Memphis. When I talked about going to college, she said I couldn't go to a historic black college or University of Tennesssee at Martin. She based this of off the knowledge of others but she did not go to college. Being that she is the mother of eight children, I can imagine she did not have the time. Enough about her. My husband got a promotion and relocated us to Missouri. When he entered in the program, we knew there was a chance that he was going to relocate but it came sooner than we thought it would. February 12, 2011, I gave birth to my son, Chance Bryant Nesbitt, Jr. Everything on my career end was changing. I was about to start looking for something different but the relocation came rather quickly. NOW, I am a housewife. I have to make sure everything on the homefront is taking care of until I am comfortable with putting my new baby in someone else's care. This is the beginning of something I have to take ONE DAY at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment